Monday, May 20, 2013

Quick Change: Worn out boot make over

My favorite boots are worn out.  I appreciate a low heel as I am a Mom of young kids.  I also appreciate a boot which comfortably accommodates my muscular calves.  So I was distressed this past winter when the pretend leather was coming off.  I didn't spend much money on these.  It's very, very, very hard for me to find a pair of boots y'all!
 Not wanting to say goodbye I did a fun patchwork job with duct tape.  This tape was given to my 6 year old but I just couldn't let duct tape be in the hands of such a youngling.  It peels paint, it leaves a super sticky residue.  I just about panicked every time I envisioned letting her have it.  So, I stole it. And I used it!  
My daughter's response was "they don't match" to which I informed her they aren't suppose to.

Here's a project I did a year ago using fabric from a dress and this same duct tape:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2237361287977&l=7fde874aa8

How have you used some of the fun patterns of duct tape?

No comments:

Post a Comment