Friday, September 6, 2013

Thigh Chafing problem...SOLVED!

The confession

Early this summer I was walking the sweaty, humidity-laden walkways of the St. Louis Botanical Gardens.  I was with my Sister-In-Law who was wearing a skirt.  I confided in her that I wear shorts under my skirts because my thighs chafe.  My SIL doesn't own a car, she walks, bikes, or rides a bus.  I asked her what she did to prevent the thigh skin pain.  She said she didn't have that problem and I just about slapped her flat on her back.  But before I could she said a friend of hers mentioned this thigh issue before and called it chub rub.  I giggled.

And then I googled.

And that was really dumb.  

Don't do that.  I'm telling you NOW.  Do not google chub rub.

Eventually I landed on the Bandelettes website.  And then I did something else stupid.  I went to Amazon and sought out what others did for thigh chafing.  Based on reviews I bought a 5 Hour Anti-Chafe stick.  And while it was okay, I wasn't totally satisfied.

I wore it a few times but kind of forgot about it.  I'd always have to re-apply it before 5 hours, it was kind of a pain.  I pretty much went back to wearing tight and hot exercise shorts.

My lifestyle

Now, I am a 40 year old woman with children ages 3 and 7 so there was comfort in knowing if my kid flipped my skirt up, if I bent over too far or whatever, I was covered.  It's nice security when you're a Mom.

But I also live in the hot and humid south.  Humid only means we sweat so much more.  Our skin is sticky and we hate it.  I need as little clothing on as I can get by with and there are days that another layer of clothing will just not do.

So, I've had many a time when I wanted to wear a light-weight cotton dress to be cool only to end up extra hot thanks to a layer of bike shorts.

The end of August approached and I remembered the thigh contraptions I read about and I couldn't for the life of me remember why I didn't order any.  Too expensive?  When I went back to the website I realized they're not badly priced.

I couldn't wait for them to arrive!

The test

I mostly only wear a skirt on Sunday to church.  
1. The first time I tried the Bandelettes was a Sunday.  After church and lunch my daughter and I walked to an Open House three blocks away.
2. The second time I wore them I was shopping for hours.
3. The third time I wore them was on a Sunday morning again and I worked in the nursery.

The verdict

I love my Bandelettes!
1. It was super hot and we walked three blocks to the Open House.  No chafing!
2. Half a day of walking and no chafing!
3. Half a day of being with people and working in the nursery and no chafing!

Are they hot?  They are hot, but not as hot as wearing shorts under a dress.

Are they wide enough? Yes!

Did they fall, roll or wiggle?  No

Were they too tight and pinch me?  No

Did I feel like I was wearing a girdle?  No, the soft lace makes me feel like they are pretty and sexy.  Does this look girdleyish to you?:

I am sold on Bandelettes (a.k.a. inner thigh guards)!  I am a bit relieved when I take them off after a long day but I'm the same way with a layer of shorts.  I am so glad I got these before summer is over!  They are only $14 for one pair and you can get them here.

This review is done simply because I love this product.  Bandelettes sent me two pair to try out but I receive no compensation for this review nor for your future purchase..  

No comments:

Post a Comment