Thursday, August 29, 2013

How to use washi tape in the kitchen

I really hate to clean.  No, I REALLY hate it. That means I'm easily distracted.  I think I am passionate about organizing simply because it's a perfect distraction from actually cleaning.  

While I was cleaning my kitchen I realized my tool organizer had not been cleaned in a very long time.

When I was a novice cook I only had a medium sized crock next to my stove containing my most used tools.  When I bought my house in 2002 I bought a kitchen that was less than half the size of my rental's.

Originally I was not interested in this Turn-About as drawer shortage solution.  I have limited counterspace and I only envisioned it as a clutter eyesore.  But 10 years ago I hosted a huge Pampered Chef party and I got it for free.  So I decided to try it.  It hasn't left my counter since that first day! And all my tools are always organized!  While taking time to de-clutter the tools, clean the organizer, and re-organize it, I decorated it with my beloved Washi Tape!
 I took the turn-about apart to thoroughly clean it.  I simply but the bottom part between my legs and ran one row of the red chevron tape.  Then I took the totally appropriate silverware washi tape and did the same thing.  I'm 100% sure I was smiling the whole time.
Washi tape is similar to mashing tape in that it can easily come off.  It's paper tape so it's not durable on it's own.  I was going to use some decoupage glue to seal it but I got lazy.  I grabbed the clear elmer's glue instead. I dabbed some on and just used my fingers to smooth it over the tape.  
That's all you do.  Easy peasy!  Are you crazy for washi tape?  Here's how I store mine.  How do you store yours? 
Get the Pampered Chef Turn-About here.  It now comes in black.
Get the Washi Tape Organizer by contacting me at SimplyOrganizedNWA@gmail.com.  It is a Clever Container exclusive product and I can order them for you.  Email me letting me know how many Peek-A-boo boxes you need.  There are eight removable rectangle boxes which fit inside the 3x13x11.5 larger box which comes with a see-through lid for $23!

Follow my Pinterest washi tape board here!

No comments:

Post a Comment